This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--ROUTE
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------
My first thought was, how does Miss Kate come up with these FMF prompts, haha.
Seriously though, it made me think of a story in one of my devotionals about a little boy and his dad strolling along hand in hand. The little boy lets go of his dad's hand and goes skipping ahead. Until, suddenly, on the route they had been walking along, he catches sight of a large dog looking at him. That unexpected encounter so scares him, he makes a quick about turn and rushes back to his dad.
Only when his hand is once again securely resting in his dad's hand and he is assured that his dad is right there beside him, does he feel confident enough to walk past the dog.
How like me (and maybe you?) as I go confidently about my day thinking all is well and under control, only to come face to face with a scary looking obstacle. How quickly that serves to reroute me back to Jesus for the reassurance of His presence.
What I have been learning from my recent trials, and have had confirmed over and over, is that when we put our trust in Jesus, He helps us face the future, walking alongside us every step of the way along the route we need to travel.
------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. -- (Isaiah 41:10, NLT)
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. -- (James 1:2-4, NLT)

I hope more people take this to heart!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet reflection.
ReplyDeleteI’m grateful for the reminder that when fear comes, Jesus is the safest route back.
Blessings, Sandra!
Good word. ❤️ G
ReplyDeleteYes! and Amen! You have the gift of comforting words, praise God! This year I have run to Daddy many many times and I realize again and again He lets these things in my life so He can be closer to me. Some of my favorite passages! Thank you
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ginny's comment. Wonderful reflection, dear friend. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteGod is good at calling us back to his side isn't he? visiting from FMF12
ReplyDeleteGreat message!!
ReplyDeleteFor sure! That song, “Do it Again”!is my testimony in a nutshell. But I have to constantly remind myself “He’s done it before. He’ll do it again. He’s never failed me yet and He won’t start now.” 🤗
ReplyDeleteJesus never fails ...
ReplyDeleteLove this post and I just need to put my hand in His hand.
Sue
A beautiful story.
ReplyDeleteI once physically felt that Jesus touched me. I was sitting in front of the computer at the time and I had a concern that I was thinking about at the time. Suddenly, I felt that my right hand was being touched, even though no one was in the room.
It was only later that I read a verse in the Bible that the Lord holds the right hand.
I enjoyed reading this. It's very thought provoking.
ReplyDeleteFollowing His path and purpose isn't always easy, but it's always worth it.
I'm visiting from 5-Minute Friday.
Blessings and success to you and yours!
Marie
Thank you Sandra, I enjoyed reading this.
ReplyDeleteI needed this reminder today. Thank you!!
ReplyDeletesuch encouraging words that spoke to my heart today... Thank you so much...
ReplyDeleteOlá, Sandra
ReplyDeletePostagem muito edificante. Jesus está conosco e nos ajuda sempre. Lindos versÃculos! Um forte abraço.
Such a beautiful reminder that we all need to be rerouted back to Jesus sometimes. I love the picture of the little boy returning to his father’s hand, it shows how comforting God’s presence can be when we face unexpected challenges.
ReplyDelete