This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--PHASE
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------
The last few days have been particularly challenging. I've been praying for the Lord to strengthen my inner resources so I can stand strong and not cave in at times such as these, and He has been doing just that,
It seems as though Satan has been working overtime finding ways to attack me on the battlefield of my mind. He may not be omniscient, but he sure seems to know my vulnerabilities and which buttons to push. I'm having to constantly remind myself of verses such as John 8:44b--He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
This morning when I was out watering the plants on my balcony, I pondered the plight of this spotted lanternfly that was in the last phase of its life, having gotten trapped in a spider's web. Immediately the taunts began as thoughts, like flaming arrows, penetrated my mind trying to convince me to believe that I am in my last phase as well.
True, I am in the winter of my life, but age is just a number. And I'm far from the age of 120, which was Moses' age when he was still going strong. As per Deuteronomy 34:7, Moses was 120 years old when he died, yet his eyesight was clear, and he was as strong as ever.
And then we read about Caleb, who at the ripe old age of 85 stated that he was just as strong for war as he had been when he was 40 years old and Moses had sent him to spy out the land. I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then (Joshua 14:11).
Raise a Hallelujah!

Dear Sandra, thank you so much for sharing your life here! Yes, Satan does work overtime, but thank God he can't win if we don't allow him to!
ReplyDeleteGod is stronger, more powerful, and His love and grace are amazing.
I like the music video, dear friend. God bless you. I hope you are having a lovely weekend.