6/17/22

GUESS


Th
is post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--GUESS  
Five minutes to free write about it
----------------------------------------------------------
This week's prompt sent my mind spinning in many directions. First, to some pictures of flowers that never got published on my blog because I couldn't guess what they were.

Google wasn't much help, so I posted a query on a plant identification page on Facebook and the consensus was "hybrid Mozart roses." Now even though this answer came from experts, I found it hard to accept because to my eyes and intellect those flowers did not look like roses in any way, shape, or form. The next thought was, "For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). The Bible tells us not to be led by our senses because they can deceive us, which I've seen played out several times when I didn't follow driving instructions to the tee because something didn't look 'correct'.

My final thought may not seem relevant to this post at all, but life has been pretty lifey these last couple of months, and the above verse made me think of Psalm 119:105--"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path (NLT)." It reminded me that no matter how uncertain or scary things may look in the natural, of one thing we can be sure, for those who trust in the Lord, we have nothing to fear. God's promises are true, and they eliminate the need for guesswork or doubt. His Book tells us how the story ends.





















-------------------------------------------------------------
For God so loved the world that he gave his
one and only Son, that whoever believes in 
him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(John 3:16 NIV)
------------------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful expression of truths that enrich one's life, regardless of circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to this! Well, whatever they are, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers, along with your lovely reminders of God's faithfulness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are pretty and they do look like hybrid roses to me, but I'm no expert.
    Love your message today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are beautiful no matter what they are called!! Beauty just IS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful reminder that God's Word always has the truth and the answers. Visiting from FMF#13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers, what ever they are. I love your expression about Life being Life-y the last few months. I'm right there with you.
    Thanks for the bible reminder that Life is in His hands. I am so grateful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flowers. I love your message here today. Blessings.
    FMF#8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra~ What ever they are, they are gorgeous! I've always struggled at growing roses and I think they are so pretty! And what a wonderful message...trust in God's word and you can never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen!
    Flowers are the smiles of God's goodness.
    Happy Sunday, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad God and His Word are certain and we're not left to guess. Thanks for the reminder. Kath, your FMF neighbour at #3.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.