11/14/20

CANCEL


This post was written for Five Minute Friday.
Word prompt--CANCEL
Five minutes to free write about it.

---------------------

The word CANCEL means different things to me at different times.

When it's associated with something I was looking forward to, or when it disrupts my plans, my emotions tend to run the gamut from disappointment to frustration to upset. 

Other times it's a reassuring word, like in the cancelled check that proves a disputed charge has been paid.

It has even brought welcome relief in the case of something I committed to do, but hadn't really wanted to. Or when I'm torn between not wanting to disappoint anyone by canceling at the last minute, and finishing a project that I've become engrossed in before I lose momentum or my train of thought. 

Most importantly, though, it reminds me of what Jesus did for me on the cross "by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross" (Colossians 2:14 ESV).

12 comments:

  1. The ultimate cancelling on the cross what a great perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jesus cancelled all our sins. I totally share your frustrations and disappointment. We know God is in control I just would like to see the bigger picture more at times. Have a blessed week. Loretta from fmf #4 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And could He really see me
    down these two thousand years?
    I guess that is the mystery,
    His vision through His tears
    of pain and gross humiliation,
    of sorrow and of loss
    of the twelfth and fatal station
    of that rugged cross.
    He sure had troubles on His plate,
    and sure could not be blamed
    if He pondered His own fate
    and not the yet un-named
    who by His death would be rid
    of sin, but think of us He did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Andrew. To find that after my journal entry this morning, which ended "...I lack nothing if I have you. That's enough for me. It means I'm enough!", was truly providential . I'd been moaning about how and where I was lacking - friends, work, and the jealousies they bring. But then tried to turn it around. Now I see I can't, but He can and has. 🙏

      Delete
  4. Amen and thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful conclusion to your 5 minute prompt.
    Yes and amen !!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it interesting how cancellations can bring out so many different emotions? Thanks for visiting my blog! #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, you sound like you are a human being. Very well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this post, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awesome to be reminded that sins can be as white as snow. Thanks be to Jesus. Blessings and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your perspective on the word, "Cancel." It's such a blessing when we take the time in the midst of struggles to remember that Jesus has canceled our debt and we are free to spend eternity with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! Thank you for stopping by at my post. Blessings, Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.