11/11/20

AHEAD


This post was written for Five Minute Friday.
Word prompt--AHEAD
Five minutes to free write about it.

Before the pandemic, I thought of myself as a pretty adaptable, go with the flow type of person, but long months of restrictions, isolation, and the upsetting of plans have taken their toll. I do not know what lies ahead. 

It comforts me to know this world is not my home. I'm just passing through. In the midst of chaos and uncertainty, I choose to cling to the truths in God's Word, trusting that He is in control, and that everything is unfolding according to His plan. 

-----------------------

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. 
(Isaiah 40:8)

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.
(Proverbs 27:1)

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
(Revelation 21:4)

7 comments:

  1. I've been having some health issues and have been clinging to those same things!
    Thanks for a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exceptional thoughts that I truly believe in. Well written!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! We are passing through, and reflecting God's love and grace on our journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts and wonderful encouragement..I choose to look ahead with a positive attitude. It's difficult sometimes but I do know that God is in control.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year has definitely helped us to learn to hold our plans loosely. I love the Bible verses you share - it is so encouraging to remember that God is still in control.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.