7/26/24

REWIND


T
his post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--REWIND
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------------
This may sound silly, but today's word prompt stumped me, and I wound up cheating by reading some of the other posts before writing mine.

My first thought was of being able to turn back the clock, but I don't think that's what rewind means, and my thought was confirmed as I read Kate's post about precious memories she wished she could revisit.

Back in the days when we had tapes and video cassettes (I still do, LOL), rewinding them enabled you to go back and re-listen to or re-watch something that was on a previous portion of it. You could re-experience it, but not actually change it.

So I guess, more than being able to rewind and revisit a certain memory (though that would be nice too), what I've often wished was that I could turn back the clock and have a chance to do things differently, knowing what I know now. But you know what? I wonder if, given another chance, I really would do things differently.

The truth is that every day is a gift that brings with it the opportunity for a new beginning. It's like being given a clean, new, blank page to write on. And yet, even though I now know the things I wish I would have known back then, I still do things I regret and wish I had said or done differently.

I do have to agree with what Dixie wrote in her post though, that every experience was part of God's purpose and plan, and that it led me to where I am today. I am so grateful for His unconditional love, longsuffering patience, and that He never gave up on me. I am so thankful that some of my greatest regrets were the very things that led me to Jesus. Had it been otherwise, would I ever have felt a need for His saving grace?

8 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts on rewinding. I think you are right, I would probably do it the same. When we look back we have hindsight... But as you said - God works through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. And we keep on making mistakes because that is part of being human

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your reflections here. This has been a really thought-provoking prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now your post is the perfect REWIND. God does guide us to living life in a new way and sometimes we have to see the old to desire the new.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely words and reflections! Yes we all make mistakes but none of us are perfect and you are right, every day is a gift. Happy weekend to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wish I could turn back the clock and make different choices, but your reminder about each day being a new opportunity is inspiring. Your reflection on God's plan and grace is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs and blessings, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes believe that we call mistakes are not mistakes, but were meant to be. If we have empathy with those who do bad, or sad things then we have sympathy and understanding, and are able to pray for them. None of us are perfect and we can each play a part in helping those in need, and showing love. God bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the older technology was better. You could stop, rewind and repeat. Today is too complicated. We have that darn Ring technology. U G H ! Some guy was standing outside my door hammering away at getting our attention. Read the NO SOLICITING sign please! It is so annoying. I never open my door to strangers. I will crack my screened window and say, what do you need? I am nice but there is a limit. We have so many homeless people roaming the neighborhood that was once quiet and peaceful. Crime is on the rise and there is nothing being done about it. So I Pray.I am very nice but after so many warnings all around, I have to just ignore the door ringing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.