12/30/22

CHRISTMAS HIGHLIGHTS 2022



A family outing to Cirque De Soleil's "A Magical Cirque Christmas" at The National Theatre in DC. 

My seat was dead center, with no one sitting in front of me. Short as I am, what an unexpected blessing that turned out to be.




A very generous early Christmas present from my daughter--an iPhone to replace my Android, so I can Facetime with my great-grands who I don't get to see very often. It also has a great camera, which I'm hoping will motivate me to get out more and start taking pictures again.

The first couple of test photos did not disappoint.
















Last year we had to cancel Christmas because my daughter, son-in-law, and a couple of grandkids came down with Covid. This year, however, we all managed to stay healthy, and by God's grace, the weather forecast turned out to be wrong. They were calling for a large snow storm, to be followed by icy rain, which would have made travel treacherous if not impossible, but we were spared, and with the exception of one very cold day, the rest were beautiful and sunny. 




This is my grand-doggie, Oliver, who likes to chew things. He was grounded to the sofa the one day he was here, but he did not protest. Just watched us wistfully as we ate and opened gifts. (There were gifts for him too.)









There are many cute pictures I would have liked to share, but I am not allowed to post pictures of my two little great-granddaughters--except for facelesss ones like the one towards the end of this post. However, here is one of my daughter who was quite surprised to find her Christmas stockng filled with money, all the way down to the toe, and a couple of an older cousin showing her younger ones how to play with their toys.




















These are my three New Jersey grandchildren who drove down (with my son and duaghter-in-law) to join us for a second celerbation the day after Christmas. I had not seen them in person since the pandemic. Well, I do see the granddaughter on a family book club Zoom every six weeks, but the boys--I hardly recognized them. They have changed so much.




Little Nico, my youngest geat-grandson, was the hit of both days. He got lots of cuddles as he was passed around from person to person. Everyone wanted a chance to hold him, including his big New Jersey cousin who was in awe that he actually did get a turn. It was the first time he had ever held a baby, he said, and I love this picture of the two of them. 














While the older kids ended the day playing games around the table, the two little great-grand girls went out to explore the woods behind my daughter's house. Soon they were back knocking on the door excited to show us what they had found. Wish I could show you the priceless looks on their faces, but I need to honor their paents' wishes, so this will have to do.










I am so grateful for my family, and that we were able to get together this year (except for the ones in Florida). Lots of happy memories were made.

And now it's time to wish you all a very Happy New Year. May the Lord bless you with the gifts of peace, joy, favor, and GOOD Health!

7 comments:

  1. You have mastered your new iPhone camera beautifully, already! I am so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. And I am glad to see YOU. I love Cirque Du Soleil. I actually got a chance to perform with one of them many years ago. Did you know their name means "Circus Of The Sun"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Ginny, that is so impressive. What did you do?
      The performance we saw was in a fairly small theater and not really set up for that kind of production so it wasn't their typical performance with all the trapeze artists. It was very good though.
      And yes, I did know their name means Circus of the Sun.

      Delete
  2. I bet that was an amazing performance. I would love to see Cirque Du Soleil again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you could have such a wonderful Christmas with family. That just makes everything seem better. Love the photos especially your granddog...watching the goings on..
    You really are a shortie I love the photos of you sandwiched in between the family.
    Happy New Year and blessings overflowing
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful Christmas, Sandra!
    Love the photos of your beautiful family.

    Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely that you was able to have a huge family get together, especially as you have not seen some of the younger ones for years. Your phone camera takes beautifully clear pictures. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Christmas, indeed!!!! We saw the same Cirque Christmas program....I think! That was the night Louis Dean fell.

    No, that isn't Rayne's youtube. I have the hardest time trying to find it. Hers is all about horses, chickens and dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.