1/12/20

A MILESTONE EVENT




Thanks to my daughter who did the driving, I was able to attend an 80th birthday brunch for my friend who lives two-and-a-half hours away.








She and her sister and I have been friends for 65 years.






When we were very young, we decided to act out Bizet's opera, Carmen.

I played the part of Carmen, my friend was Escamillo, her sister was Don Jose, and their little brother was the bull. We painted backdrops, improvised costumes, and when we were ready, her older brother recorded our production on an old time movie camera.

It was a fun surprise to see some of those pictures included in the slide show at the brunch, and also to hear it described as one of their fond memories in the tribute my friend's sister wrote and read to her.

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your dear friend, and such fond memories you have shared, I truly believe that friends are one of the best gifts to us from our heavenly Father.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy you were able to be there for that important birthday celebration! What fun memories y’all made then and remember together now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Love hearing about get togethers like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are priceless! How wonderful that you were able to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to attend. Precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you daughter for taking Sandy! God bless you for your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have life-long friendships. They certainly are special memories.
    Your operetta by Bizet is quite amazing. What a treasure.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you, dear Sandy!

    So glad you were able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would have loved to see your Carmen production. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I am really looking forward to following yours! How lovely you were able to attend your friend's birthday brunch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.