2/28/09

P.S. - ONE MORE TOOL

This is sort of an addendum to my Tools of Encouragement post. It's something else I do to help build my faith and also keep me from wavering when I hear people say certain promises in the Word are no longer for today.

I'm not sure if you can see it on this picture I took, but my Bibles are all marked up. I underline verses that speak to my heart, sometimes put little hearts next to them, and whenever one of the promises is actually manifested in my life, I put a little TP next to it (Tested and Proven). Then if someone comes along and tells me it's not for today, I can tell them they've come too late to let me know because I've already seen it happen.

I'm going to elaborate on it more in my other blog, but just wanted to mention it here as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thank you for dropping by my blog! How wonderful that a Great-Granny (although a very young one) can use the internet to encourage us. My bible has all those marks too, and where you put TP, I put the date and a keyword to help me remember when that verse came alive for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise and good for you. The scriptures are written just as much for us as today they were written for the past. We are all God's children. He loves us all and wants us to know about Him and His Son. He would not have preserved this holy record if it were not for our benefit. Don't let anyone tell you different. They are wrong.

    Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.