10/4/26

SIGHT


This post was written for
Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--SIGHT
Five minutes to free-write about it
-------------------------------------------------

2 Corinthians 5:7 was the first thought that popped into my mind: For we walk by faith, not by sight (BSB). Then I got distracted by this sight that caught my attention as I walked past the balcony door.  The sight of one last wildflower still blooming, while the trees across the way are starting to change into their colorful apparel--a sure sign that summer is transitioning into fall.

Back to the verse, though. We all have faith in something, but is it faith in what is true--or faith in something that is not? There was a time in my life when I had great faith that I was on the right path, but I was not. Fortunately, the Lord came to my rescue and did not leave me there. (If  you are interested, I blogged about it here.)

Or are we putting our faith in what is visible and predictable, which is not really faith at all, as our senses can deceive us, and things we experience can be misleading.

That is why the scriptures tell us to walk by faith (in God and the truth of His word), not by sight. To trust in Him and His promises no matter how things may be looking around us, or what our intellect has to say.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6, BSB).

1 comment:

  1. What am amazing testimony. Thank you so much for sharing this inspiring message and experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.