12/8/23

TURN


This post was written for Five Minute Friday
Word prompt--TURN
Five minutes to free write about it 
-------------------------------------------------

Several days ago I was taking my recyclables to the dumpster and planning to drive them there. However, it was a nice day out, and my back did not feel too bad, so I decided to walk instead. 

The dumpster is at the back of our parking lot and there are several ways to get there. I started one way, but felt a little prompt to turn around and take the steps instead. I listened and made the turn, and was rewarded by a lovely, uplifting surprise.

Some of the rocks bordering the sides of the stairway had been painted and inscribed with encouraging slogans. 

My favorite, and the first one that caught my eye--a bright pink one that said, "You are as strong as this rock."

I know in my own strength I am not, but it reminded me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and who is the solid rock on which I stand (Philippians 4:13, 2 Samuel 22:2).

That led to a mini photo shoot and a moment of gratitude for the prompt that led me to take that turn.









































On my way back from the dumpster I thought of a Scripture that also uses the word TURN -- Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." -- Isaiah 30:21, NIV

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes a turning that you take,
    random though it seems,
    can build in you courage to make
    the best of your old dreams,
    for you may see a rainbow
    that else you would have missed,
    and there before its golden glow
    you'll find they still exist,
    those lofty aspirations
    that so defined your youth;
    pushed back by hesitations,
    yes, but still ringing their truth
    across long intervening time:
    'I am still yours, and you're still mine!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those "God Winks"..I'm so glad you followed your prompts and got sweet messages to lift you up.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Brittain12/9/23, 1:48 PM

    I love your posts. Wisdom nuggets.
    And I’m so glad you took pictures!
    Thank you for sharing…

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet encouragement, Sandra! Thank you for spreading the encouragement our way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! I have painted a few rocks and left them places and I have found a few that others have left. Like God Winks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the kindness rocks! It's been quite awhile since I found - or painted! - any of them, and maybe this is my reminder to brighten someone's day by doing that. Glad you took photos! Visiting from FMF#4 today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, Sandy. So glad you had that walk, taking your Father's hand for a stroll. Andrew, you captured the moment too, in a word trail that leads us back to the end of the rainbow, being His.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful and I am happy you found them. I know these painted rocks with all their sweet messages are popping up everywhere now. They always brighten the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Isn't it great when we respond to the voice and follow it. What lovely stones. Did you find who painted them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it wonderful how a small decision can lead to unexpected and uplifting discoveries!
    Love the sweet messages.
    You asked about the photos in my post- most of them were taken with my cellphone. My son took the better quality ones with his DSLR.

    Hugs and blessings, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. May the light of Christ's love shine brightly upon you and your loved ones this Christmas. Wishing you a season filled with peace, joy, and the blessings of God's grace. Merry Christmas, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.