3/2/21

FEELING PERPLEXED


When the temperature outside is in the sixties or seventies, it feels almost balmy to me, and I would never think of wearing a jacket. A sweatshirt or long sleeves, perhaps, but nothing more than that.

So why does it feel different indoors? Or am I the only one who has this perplexing experience?

About a week ago my heat pump had to be replaced.










There was quite a bit of soldering that needed to be done, and we had to turn on all the fans and open my balcony door in order to get rid of the fumes.




Although it was cold outside, the temperature in my apartment only went down to 62 degrees, and yet I felt so chilled, I wound up working in my winter jacket and cap. 

(The mask was only because there were people in the apartment, and it was required protocol.)

4 comments:

  1. I have the same experience, and have never been able to figure it out. The same temp will affect me very differently according to if it is outside or inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just saying the same thing to my husband. We keep the temp set at 68 in the house and I'm freezing - but outside that would feel so nice.
    Glad you got that heat pump fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on that outside/inside temperature thing! I'll wear shorts when it's 65 outside, but wrap up in a blanket if I'm inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our home is usually maintained at 68* and sometimes it feels so cold that I sit watching tv wrapped up in a blanket..
    Outside I would think that was shirt-sleeve weather...Go figure..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.