7/17/12

DON'T PROJECT

"Be still and know that I am God."
(Psalm 146:100)

The last few weeks have been so full of challenges, it's been difficult not to worry about the outcome, and yet that still small voice within, which I have come to recognize as the prompting of the Holy Spirit, keeps exhorting me not to project.  The Lord sees my needs and the circumstances that overwhelm me, and He is in control  (Matthew 6:25-34).  Things look quite different from His perspective than they do from mine.

Instead of focusing on my stressors, I need to be willing to turn them over to Him and trust Him to work things out (Psalm 55:22).  He does not need my help.  When I try to rush things along or take back control, I only get in the way.  God's timing may not be my timing, but it's always the best timing. He's the only one who can see the whole picture.  My vision is very limited.

So what can I do in the meanwhile?  I can learn to be patient, and to focus on my many blessings, both past and present.  I can focus on all the ways the Lord has been faithful to come through for me, and rejoice and be glad.  I can thank Him and praise Him for who He is, and what He has done.  The joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10).

Lord, help me to be patient and to wait with the faith and trust of an expectant child, joyfully anticipating the blessing to come.

1 comment:

  1. Upholding you in prayer. Things will work out. They always do, and for the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.