12/11/09

THE BIG 7-O







It wasn't so long ago that I joyfully celebrated the big 7-O. At the time, I didn't give it much thought and enjoyed the festivities. I even felt proud of having reached that milestone. But what was I thinking?

It didn't take long for that bubble to burst. When asked on a survey if I was the 70-year-old female in my household, it came as a shock to realize they were referring to me. It's a shock I still feel every time I see a document with my name and age on it.

True as it may be, I'm having a real problem acknowledging it. Why, I don't know. I have no problem speaking my age out of my mouth, but seeing it with my eyes is another story altogether. Can anybody relate to that, or am I just weird?

I don't feel old and have never really thought about my age. I guess I must have been living in a fantasy world where we stay young forever, because I act as though I were the same age as everyone else I'm with at the time, even if I'm really old enough to be their mother or grandmother.

How did the seasons pass by so fast? I feel like the evergreen in my winter photo, with no age to label me, but a glance in the mirror can quickly dispel that thought. Oh woe is me. Can anyone relate? Or am I truly the most ancient of all my bloggie friends too?

6 comments:

  1. I was just telling my hubby last night that it's hard to grow old with all the aches and pains and lessening strength. Yes, time slips through our fingers so fast. But it's not the way we look that's important. It's the way we feel in our hearts.

    I'm only in my early 40's but I feel like I'm 80 sometimes because I have been working nights for so long now, the body is not the same.

    Ah...God bless you sister and may He continue to cover you with His strength. Be strong in the Lord's mighty power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a number, I am in my forties and still get a fright when I say it or write it, I am so sure I am still in my early 30's, maybe even late 20's!!! Your photo's as always are lovely! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi GGG! I'm with The Rose Room. Age is just a number. I'm in my 40s and I can't do half the things you're capable of!!

    You're awesome, GGG!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're only as old as you feel. Some days you feel 90 and other days you feel 16. Sending love and hugs, and Happy Birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend it stands for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! I would never have guessed you were 70: not from the way you write, not from your photos...nothing!

    Keep it up, and you just may live forever... :0) Hope I'm as spry as you when I reach that same beautiful age!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.