8/24/09

WORTHY TO BE POSTED TWICE

After I wrote yesterday's post, HOW DO THEY DO IT?,I really did dig up my time management notes and sit down to plan the week ahead, and as I did, a great big lightbulb went off in my head, which led to a post on my other blog, which I am copying here because I really do think it's an insight worthy to be posted twice.

---------------------------------------------

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully
and wonderfully made."
(Psalm 139:14a)


Did you know that you are a Divine, one of a kind, original, created for a special purpose no one else can fulfill? I lost sight of that for a while, and in my frustration, wrote a post on my other blog which you can read here, if you are interested.

As I wrote, I had a flash of insight. I have been trying to compare apples to oranges. This was confirmed as I sat down to schedule my week in a planner. I really was trying to cram more than what is humanly possible into the 24 hours allotted to me, but because I was comparing my 24 hours to the surgeon's 24 hours and to my daughter's 24 hours, and the 24 hours of my single mom friends who are trying to juggle family and work, I felt I wasn't accomplishing anything.

What a difference a change in perspective can make. I was putting value on what I was getting done by human standards, which are quite different from God's. He did not create me to be a surgeon, or my daughter, or my friends. He created me to be me. If I am faithful to do the things He has called me to do, that is of the greatest value in His sight. That is what will make Him smile and say those glorious words I long to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:23)

4 comments:

  1. So glad that God brought you to your senses; but I do know how you feel about seeming like we just don't get much accomplished. When I am feeling like that I have a chart that has hourly spaces for each day and I write what I am actually doing. (Not what I want to be doing but what I am really doing.) Seems to work for me. Kinda like keeping a food journal. I can see changes that need to be done. I am not one to put myself on a strict food or time regimin. I need freedom to be spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and thought provoking post! I loved this. I know that I do accomplish far more than I think I do, but I'd just love to be able to fit in more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely true about perspective. Hope that you and all the family are doing well.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all lose sight of this truth, and it's good to be reminded!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.