5/14/09

FITNESS FRIDAY: THE SERIOUS SIDE




This week's assignment was to talk about the other motivators for our fitness goals, other than just wanting to look better. Brenda wants to know what we are up against in terms of actual health issues, or potential genetic ones. Mine are high blood pressure, cholesterol, and osteoporosis.

Eating the right foods, taking the right supplements, and getting enough exercise are vital to my keeping them under control without having to resort to prescription drugs, and for the most part, I do eat pretty healthy. It's the portion control that trips me up and keeps the scale from budging. On the positive though, not budging means that the numbers are not going up either, so that's a good thing.

As far as my week's goal to walk instead of drive to wherever I needed to go in town, I am happy to announce that I did meet it. and what a great feeling that was. The only day I took the car locally, was to do my grocery shopping. The weather has been so gorgeous, those walks were real mood boosters. My only challenge has been that all that fresh air really revved up my appetite too. LOL.

9 comments:

  1. I am so amazed that you can keep a good schedule and that you walked. I have the best laid plans and usually don't accomplish any.

    Hope all your loved ones are doing well.

    Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! I am super proud of you for reaching your goal! I wish I could walk to more places...hopefully in our new house I will be able to do that more since it is more centrally located. Have another great week!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome!! congratulations :) really glad to hear you had a good week. it also sounds like you are on the right track keeping yourself healthy. way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ! So proud of you ! Keep up your good work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good that you live in an area where you have the option to walk into town. I think that would be so lovely.

    And good for you for meeting that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an award for you my friend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you sweetie, you are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being outside *is* such a mood booster!! Way to go on walking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Granny, you are an inspiration! Making goals is a good idea...why haven't I been doing that?

    Oh yeah, I hate the pressure. :0)

    Maybe I'll try it this week. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.