7/16/08

THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS

The other day, just out of curiosity, I took the "Discover Your Sins" test on Rachel's blog. What I expected to see confirmed is that I am a glutton, but much to my surprise, it was ENVY that got the highest score.

That got me to thinking, and I found myself transported way, way, way back in time, dredging up some really early memories. Memories of not fitting in, of feelling "different" (like from the rest of the class), of being made fun of, of being embarrassed by some of the things my parents did.

I'm sure my parents meant well, and my sheltered upbringing was their attempt to shield me from harm or pain, but the result was quite the opposite. The secrets and the lies confused me, and I longed for family ties, for roots, for unconditional love. What I wanted more than anything was to feel included instead of always being the odd one out.

Things have changed since then, but maybe my actions haven't. I guess it's something I have to work on, and not feel so easily slighted.


Greed:Very Low
Gluttony:Low
Wrath:Very Low
Sloth:Low
Envy:Medium
Lust:Very Low
Pride:Low



The Seven Deadly Sins Quiz on 4degreez.com

2 comments:

  1. The more we know about ourselves, the more God can change us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being the odd one out is never easy. It's uncomfortable at best and can shatter your heart. We serve a God that can heal even the scars from way, way back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.