1/11/08

SEIZE THE MOMENT

For almost two weeks now I have been battling a severe sinus/middle ear infection, and have gotten some painful (no pun intended) glimpses into what life would be like without some of the things I take for granted, like being able to see, hear, and walk a straight line.

Until I tried to work with my ears clogged (I do transcription) I never realized the effect it could have. At best, it has slowed me down tremendously as I try to decipher letters and numbers that sound alike. And when my eyes start feeling weird, and the room starts spinning, I have to stop altogether because I can no longer look at my computer screen or even read. Nor can I drive or go for a walk.

And so that leads to another thing I tend to take for granted--TIME. How important to seize the moment and stop procrastinating. Today's open door may no longer be open tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. carpe diem. While your not feeling well you might as well watch Cosby - you never know when you'll have the downtime to do that again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GGG, I am so sorry to hear you haven't been keeping well. Yes, indeed we do take life and its blessings for granted until such time that they are taken away from us.

    I really hope and pray ( in my own unusual way!) that you get well really soon. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit and found something to make your day a little bit brighter.