Well today I received an e-mail forward from a friend of mine, entitled "I am thankful for..." (and I won't list everything here, other than just a couple of items to give you the flavor of it) -- "I am thankful for...
- ...the taxes I pay, because it means I am employed.
- ...for the mess to clean up after a party, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
- ...for the teenager who complains about doing the dishes, because it means she is at home, not on the streets.
- ...for my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- ...for the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear. "
Looking at it from that perspective, I guess I could add one more item to the list: "I am thankful for my HUGE water bills because it means I have an abundance of water to drink and wash with, I am never thirsty, and I don't have to make the long trek down to the river and back with a jug on my head to collect it, or be concerned about it being contaminated."